Saturday, April 26, 2008

Pick Up in the Pickup

Today we went to pick up my brother from college. It was a long trip, over 360 miles and 6+ hours crammed in the back of our truck. It was more than worth it though.

We first picked my brother up, that was the point of the trip. He had to check out of his apartment at a certain time. After we loaded up all his stuff in the truck, we hit the road. We drove another hour to visit our aunt, uncle and cousin's house. It was the second time being at the house, with the first time being eight years ago. It was nice to see the cousins. It was my first time seeing my newest cousin Katherine. After leaving their house, we stopped by another cousin's house. This time it was on my dad's side of the family. While we were their, I joined my sister and brother on a swinging chair thing. With my addition, the chair was unable to support our weight and went crashing to the ground. Not only was it startling and traumatic, it was also embarrassing.

After visiting with them for a while, we hit the road again. After having dinner at a favorite Chinese restaurant, we were on our way home. It was a really fun trip. But after 14+ hours of basically nonstop traveling, I was glad to be home.

No comments: