Sunday, April 19, 2009

Softball Season Starts Sadly

Today I played some soccer. Afterwards, my team had our first softball game of the season. My first at bat, I struck out. It is a bit embarrassing to strike out in slow pitch softball game. My second at bat, I grounded out to the pitcher.

Things weren't going well. I was at a bit of a disadvantage having not played much softball as well as the count starting out with one strike and one ball on each at bat to speed up the game. The 'safety' softballs we were using were more like a small soccer ball which didn't help either.

I came up in the bottom of the 7th with two outs. Things weren't looking good considering the games only go 7 innings and my team was down 7-2. I 'hit' the 'ball' to third base, I wasn't going to be the last out of the game. I ran as fast as I could to first base and was barely safe. My team rallied after that, but the game ended with the tying run at third base. It wasn't the best way to start out the season, personally or for the team, but hopefully things will get better.

(Game 1: 1-3, one run scored, Loss 6-7)

No comments: