Friday, April 3, 2009

Going Postal

Today I learned a valuable lesson and skill. I needed to mail something but didn't have the right size envelope. It took me two tries, but I made a fairly decent envelope. I then found out I only had ten minutes to make it to the post office on the other side of campus before they closed for the weekend.

I had put so much time and effort into making my envelope, I really wanted to get it in the mail today. I had to run/sprint to the other side of campus. On my way there, I saw some family friends and their son touring campus. I didn't have time to even slow down so I just said I had to get to the post office.

I ended up making it to the post office just in time, but felt bad I had literally ran by people in the process. I suppose that is better than running over people, but I still felt bad. I spent the next couple hours trying to find them, but I couldn't. I not only learned how to make a nice envelope today, but learned a valuable lesson that people are more important than postal deadlines.

No comments: