Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Flying by the Seat of my Pants

Today was the high school Baccalaureate. I was told I needed to wear my cap and gown to the event. I was running a little late, and got to the high school past the time I thought I was supposed to be there. While I was sitting in the car, I saw a few fellow seniors walk by, none of which were in their robes. I sat in the car, conflicted. Was I mislead, or were others misleading me?

Eventually, I decided to forget the robe. I walked in to the meeting room, nobody else was in cap and gown. I was so thankful I wasn't the only person wearing a funny looking robe and hat.

Unfortunately, I had worn "the pants" thinking they would be under said robe. Take away the robe, and an inevitable wardrobe malfunction was no longer sheltered. Thankfully, I was able to keep the damage to a minimum, and I don't think there were any noticeable wardrobe malfunctions. I really need to buy a new pair of pants, with a completely functioning zipper.

No comments: