Friday, March 27, 2009

Over the Limit

Today I had quite a bit of stuff to do. I shot some time lapse photography from the roof of my father's school. It caused quite a stir among the students, and even some of the adults to see someone walking around on the roof.

I then had to wrap up an internship application I have been chipping away at all week. My essay was finally getting to the point where I was happy with how it was turning out. That was until I found out I was at around 1200 words and the limit was 500 words. As my father said, I could take out every other word and still be over the limit. It was a major discouragement. My mother was a big help throughout the process, and helped me trim my essay down to the bare bones. I am assuming they received my fax, but am not too hopeful about getting the internship.

After such a disappointment, it was nice to go to our family friend's house for a game night. Pool, ping pong, bananagrams, and playing DDR for the first time were a nice way to end the evening after a bit of a disappointing day. Thanks Deakins.

No comments: