Sunday, March 8, 2009

Flying Block

Today I played in a soccer game. Although I was sore before, and especially after the game, the game wasn't nearly as painful as last week. I decided to try out being goalie. After giving up a couple goals, I decided enough was enough. Someone shot the ball hard and low towards the corner. Almost instinctually, I dove towards the ball. I blocked the shot while flying completely horizontal through the air. People congratulated me on my goalie skills, I was just glad to have finally blocked a shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Danny!
Wish I had a picture of that.
It reminds me of a recurring dream I used to have when I was in sports in high school and college. Even though I never played in a football league, there were a bunch of us who played football in the park for fun. My dream was me jumping up, catching the football, and someone tackling me by my legs, because that's the only part they could reach. It was like I jumped higher than ever before and reached farther than ever when I came down like it was in the end zone. Even though I don't think I was in the end zone, it was the greatest feeling. Too bad it was just a dream for me. I'm glad yours wasn't. Have a great week!
Nancy D.