Saturday, January 24, 2009

Trail Trial

Today I went running on a path further than I normally go on it. It was fun exploring the new trails. The trails are scenic, going by a river, past a waterfall, past trees, and up steep slopes. On the way down one of these steep slopes, I hit a patch of ice. I completely lost my footing, and hit the ground hard. Thankfully, only my knee was scraped. In order to not miss lunch, I had to keep running even if my knee hurt and had blood running down it. I got a lot of funny looks from people who passed by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. Aunt Carolyn and I did a long run past Multnomah falls a couple of years ago (3.5 hours total.) At the end I collapsed from a series of leg cramps. It happened at the bottom where all the tourist were hiking up. We may have scared off a few of them if they thought that we had only gone to the top of the falls.

Uncle Jim