Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Back to the Basics

Today I was basically a 5th grade student. I got to the school around 11:45am, and was introduced to the classroom I will be working with and helped them with the metric system. I then went to lunch and recess with the class. After lunch, I helped a small group of students with math.

I was told to help with PE after that, but the PE teacher didn't have a class at that time. I was sent to the principal's office, which was a bit awkward. He seemed a bit frustrated with the group of us who didn't have a PE class to teach, like it was our fault.

In the end, we just waited until the next PE class, which was more than alright with me because I had homework I needed to work on anyway. It was fun playing dodgeball with the kids, although I had to remember to take it easy on them. Overall, it was very fun working with the students. They were all excited to have college students helping out, and it is exciting to help mentor them.

1 comment:

sarahlofthus said...

ooooh, you got sent to the principal's office.