Tuesday, July 8, 2008

That's the Way the Ball Bounces

As with any sport, the referees in pickleball make mistakes and questionable calls. Especially considering the refs are the people on the side the ball bounces on. This means the other team decides whether the ball you hit was in or out.

Most the time, it is not a problem. Today, however, a few of the other teams calls really got to me. They shouldn't have, but they did. They threw me off my game, and I didn't play well. Some people play great when they are mad, I play terrible. Next time I need to not let it bother me so much. It is just a game, and we are all there to have fun.

Winning is not the most important thing, playing my hardest, having fun, being a good teammate, and being honest are all a lot more important things when it comes to life, sports, and especially pickleball.

No comments: