Friday, July 4, 2008

Frames, Family, Food, and Fireworks

Today started out with less fire and more work. I painted three window frames at a house my father is working at. It was a bit time consuming because I had to be careful that no paint got on the newly installed carpets, or freshly painted walls.

After that, I went out to the lake and helped get ready for a dinner at my grandparents. It was especially neat to be able to have the meal in their new house. After all the work they have done, progress that has been made, and time I've spent working on installing the floor, it was amazing to see it in use. It is now a house, and was "officially inaugurated." It was a really great meal. Too great, I ate a lot. My sister made a Oreo ice cream cake thing that was excellent. I didn't want any of it to go to waste or melt, so I ate more than my share. She ended up putting it in the freezer so I guess I didn't really help anybody out.

It was also nice because my cousins came up from Oregon to the meal. I got to see their family and my newest/youngest cousin. We also brought our dog Red out to the lake for the first time in his life. He swam so far out in the lake I was a bit worried he wouldn't be able to make it back to the shore because I have never seen him swim. He loved it out there, at least until the fireworks started. Then he really didn't like it.

Our poor dog really did not like the fireworks. He was really scared and panicked when we got home. He followed my every move in the house. My siblings and I watched our neighbors shoot off fireworks. My mom wanted to get a picture of us sitting on the tailgate together. It was fine until the cable holding the tailgate snapped, hitting my little sister in the leg. I felt sorry for her, but she handled it better than I would have. It was a fun day.

No comments: