Sunday, November 22, 2009

Unsuccessful Sundae

Today is Sunday. I often look forward to Sundays for a variety of reasons. One of those reasons is Sunday Sundaes in the dining hall. There is nothing quite like ending one week, and starting the next one, with a big huge bowl of ice cream.

Tonight the line was especially long, and there was some cutting going on, but I didn't really care. I knew the prize waiting at the end of the line was well worth waiting a bit. When I finally got to the ice cream, both were pink. I was a bit disappointed, all I wanted was vanilla. I took the less pink ice cream that looked like it was vanilla.

Turns out, white chocolate and vanilla are not the same. The ice cream tasted nothing like I thought it should. Even smothered in hot fudge with bits of Oreo and some cake mixed in, it tasted wrong. I didn't really enjoy my sundae, although I did end up eating most of it. I'm sure there are plenty of life lessons I could have, or possibly should have, learned from this. Mainly I'm just waiting until next Sunday in hopes that my belief in Sunday Sundaes can be redeemed.

No comments: