Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fresh Man

As 'promised', now that I have been home for a week, I will reflect upon my first year at college. I don't exactly remember what I thought when I first got to college. I believe I was both excited and overwhelmed. I missed my family, it took awhile to adjust to living away from my family at college in the dorms.

Slowly, I started to like college life more and more. I had a daily routine, and tried to stay busy. Classes went alright for the most part all year. I declared political science as my major and have enjoyed the political science classes I have taken thus far. Final and midterm weeks were crazy and stressful, but that is to be expected. Through diet and exercise, and lots of it, I was able to lose almost 50 pounds while at college.

The highlight of the year was getting to know some really cool people and making new friends especially through CCF (Campus Christian Fellowship). Unfortunately, I waited toward the end of the year to do this. Next year, that won't be the case. I feel like I changed a lot my first year at college, mostly for the better. In the end, I liked the college part of school better than the school part of college, but a balance between classes and recreation must be maintained.

I am happy for summer break. It is nice to be home with my family. I do miss college at times, mainly my friends from there. It is nice to enjoy both my time at home and at college. I can't wait for next year at college, especially with my sister joining me up at Western.

*pictured: my good friend Thomas from college

No comments: