Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Remotely Successful

Today I programmed a universal remote for our DVD player, but this was much easier said than done . The original remote quit working , and it was very frustrating trying to watch and navigate through DVD menus without a remote.

I tried to find the correct code for our DVD player, but I couldn't find it. The directions said to turn on the device you were trying to program, and then press a button on the remote up to 300 times while it found the correct code for your device.

I sat there pressing play on the remote countless times. It finally played, and I was overjoyed. The only problem, I didn't know what to do next. Once it played and had found the right code for our DVD player, I didn't know how to set this as the code. It took four times of pressing the play button up to 300 times for me to figure out you pressed the mute to program it when it played. I am glad we finally have a remote for our DVD player, but it was a lot of work getting it to work.

No comments: