Sunday, February 27, 2011

trust.

While reading a rather dense book for one of my political science classes, I came across a definition of trust that was thought provoking. According to the late Charles Tilly in his book on democracy, "trust consists of placing valued outcome at risk to others' malfeasance, mistakes, or failures." It got me thinking about who I trust and how I show that to them. Maybe it isn't the best definition you've heard, but after reading for hours through material that was not very interesting, something about this simple statement stood out to me. It is worth considering how you choose who you trust and how to you show them that you do so.

2 comments:

Justine said...

Wow, deep! I think it is too deep for my mentally challenged brain to comprehend even... Aiyaya. But thanks for sharing. Trust is a really big deal to me. A really really big deal, as I'm sure it is for you as well. :) Gots to learn how to trust people more. Haha.

Danny said...

It is something I am working towards understanding more and applying towards my life. Thanks for the comment.