Saturday, September 12, 2009

Running Blind

While I was running today, a van full of people went by waving. I don't know if I knew the people, but it sure seemed like they knew me or were really excited to see a jogger, so I waved back anyways. I often have people yell, honk, wave etc. at me. Sometimes I recognize the people, but most of the time I don't.

While I run, I usually am physically exhausted, thirsty, listening to music, and focusing on my running rather than the cars that are going by. For all those reasons, it is perhaps understandable I don't always recognize who is yelling at me or what they are saying. From past experience, it is just as well sometimes to not understand what people are yelling at me. So if you ever see me jogging, and honk, yell, wave etc, don't take it personally if I don't respond.

No comments: